Saturday, January 21, 2012

Your Brain at Work

The year has just about kicked off and I am already TIRED! I'm a personal assistant to two executives at Coca-Cola. I enjoy my job although I wish it wasn't as taxing as it is. I am hoping that January is just exceptionally busy and not an indicator of the rest of the year... that would be very scary.

I found this book, "Your brain at work" by David Rock on a colleague's desk and proceeded to read the first "scene" as it's called in this book.

"Emily is at her desk by eight o'clock. She turns on her computer, ready to flesh out this new conference idea. But as one hundred emails download, a wave of anxiety washes over her. Answering emails alone could take all day, but she also has hours of meetings booked and three projects due by six o' clock."



I read those lines and so related. Hence this is what I am currently reading. I am hoping it will give me insights on how to organise my days at work better. Wish me luck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment