Sunday, February 12, 2012

My nephew, Taariq

Today I bought my nephew a denim shirt from Mr Price and he was convinced that it's a girl's shirt. I had to show him a Truworths man catalogue with a guy wearing a denim shirt to convince him. He still wasn't convinced. Anyway, this inspired the pics to follow along with the interview.



"First of all, i do not have a favourite teacher. Most of the teachers make the class do like punishments. One of the teachers is like a fitness guy so he gives us an exercise that works our abs. (Natural Sciences). My favourite thing at school is that I get to play Chess during breaks. My favourite subjects are Social Science and Technology. Maths is easy so it doesn’t count.

Outside of school I attend madressa and I am in Qur’aan. We also learn to write in arabic. I can write my name, aunty Salama’s name, etc.

After madressa on Tuesdays and Thursdays I attend kickboxing. On Tuesdays we have extra classes. We learn how to grapple, like fight on the floor. We work on our fitness and we’re going to attend a few tournaments this year that includes grading where you go into different belts. I started last year in Aug and I am a yellow belt and I’m going to be orange soon.

I have many different books that I like reading. It’s like I have my own library. My favourite author is Roald Dahl. I also like the Famous 5, Wereworlds, The BFG, The Twits, etc.

I have a PSP and my favourite games are Need for Speed Shift, Pro Street, Carbon and Harry Potter.

On the PS3 my favourite games are Midnight Club and Heavenly Sword. I also like  Assassins creed, but my uncle won’t let me play it. On the Move my favourite games are Michael Jackson The Experience, Band Hero especially the guitar.

Top 5 favourite things!

Chocolate
Ice-cream, especially chocolate flavoured
Chocolate milkshake
Chocolate Cake
Carrots"

And that’s my nephew Taariq! He is 11 years old and trying to redeem himself with that carrot as a favourite thing. He’s never asked me for a carrot, lol! Kids today.

Heart him***

 

No comments:

Post a Comment